Sunday, August 19, 2018

Construction Work

08-14-2018
Started today (Tuesday) on my very first construction job, save that gig of three day one a couple of years ago, which might have been called de-construction, as I was involved in a major renovation, (read, interior demolition) of a certain fast food franchise.

Like all new hires on this site, I had to attend a safety orientation first thing. It was an hour of a video and a half hour of the site safety coordinator speaking. And what on earth was with the guy next to me, surely doing the perp's deed by getting in my way constantly, leaning his chair toward me (his back facing me), and causing me to move my chair away from him. By the end of the show he was leaning his chair back over where I had been sitting. Then he seemed to have prior permission to exit the session in the last 20 minutes, all to return again. And too, straight from the Perp 101 manual, constantly get in the way, or partially so, of the victim's view, in this case the video. I looked around at the other 20 some guys, and every one of them was concentrating on the video or the speaker, she of some considerable butt girth. So what was with this guy, and just why is it, yet again, of having the "bad luck" of sitting next to the one hyperactive Fuckwit of some 20+ guys, who was executing standard perp disruptive functions that I have come to know and loathe so often?

And too, the construction site safety rules call for a day-glo (high-viz) clothing, a vest in this case. A hard hat, and safety toed boots. The latter have been a long running concern, as I bought this pair in about 2009, and they have been in the shop more than I have worn them. The boots kept falling apart, often after a day of use, and I kept fixing them. This would be the first time they have been in use for more than three days, so who knows what the perps got planned for footwear sabotage on this gig. With the now "usual" bad luck, they will likely sabotage them about 80% into the job, and force me to purchase another pair, knowing as they surely do, this is the only safety toe pair I own.

And yes, with some 400 workers on site over six floors, there will be all manner of dudes mostly) around, but yet again, it just seemed that there were no end of them popping out from corners, turning corners when I was going in the opposite way (contraconcentric turning, mostly known with vehicles), and just plain busy-ness around me. Not having worked on such a construction site before, I don't have a pre-harassment reference (notion of normality) as to what I should expect. But if I apply the now usual standard logic of everything is arranged, (since 04-2002), it just seems yet again, the perps are going nuts from the get go.

The guys I work from seem like regular folk, and it seems they are easy to get along with, including the foreman.

08-15-2018
Another perp stunt, usually infrequent for vineyard work, but they jumped me early on this gig; the forced "forget" in taking my drinking water, even if the bottle was right where I make up my lunch. As to how I could do this on my own I have no possible explanation.

And continuing pop-outs (stalkers, aka, arranged events) from every doorway all day long.

08-16-2018
A dental cleaning appointment for 0800h  this morning. All in keeping with the usual job start disruption games that routinely "happen". Last year it was the plentiful doctor appointments that seemed to plague me when I started at a new vineyard with a crew of six.

Dinner with the landlords; they had extra pizza dough and invited me to help finish it up. As part of this seeming informal get together, (a first) they gave me a vacuum cleaner that they seemed not to need. I don't know what it is about vacuum cleaners, but the perps do like to run them in my vicinity; as always, I am circumspect about gifts anyhow. And of course, the perps go silly with extra stalking when receiving or giving gifts, e.g. Christmas.

08-17-2018
It was not enough to shave 2.5 hours off my day yesterday due to a dental cleaning appointment it seems, aka, disruption games. With Monday off (seeing the doctor in Bellevue WA), and yesterday's dental appointment, the perps (as I see it, were up to it again).

Today, no one at the construction site got to work, because a jumper was on the roof, and even though he had been there for six hours before work started at 0700h, this person wasn't communicating. The police had the site blocked off, and so it was that some 400 construction workers were held up from working, me included of course. A whole hour's work for showing up before the foreman called it off, just like some of the other trades. Not a high work hour week by any means, but a very typical start to a new job in this too long abuse-athon.

And to no surprise, the assholes are at their games of medication disruption again. I just wasn't enough to fuck me out of my ADD Rx for 16 years with outrageous, illegal and unconventional interventions, but after a month back on these very useful meds, why, I couldn't get to the walk-in clinic doctor for a Rx re-write because they close later in the day when their daily patient limit come up, so to pay Canadian Rx prices (7x cheaper), until today. And lo, a four day hiatus wasn't enough either: I get a call from the pharmacy over a drug interaction, and it is quite clear that it is no problem given what the respective doses are, (they tell me) but they "need" to phone the doctor anyhow. [Which has now extended over the weekend, as I write this, so at least a week's hiatus and counting]. Just what is it about my fucking ADD Rx that the perps are so insanely entrenched with disrupting and otherwise running abusive interference? Its all about the dopamine obviously, but for crissakes just leave me alone on this one. I have just had fucking enough, even on this one alone.

08-18-2018
It has been smokey all week, as it has been for the prior three weeks, but today it seems extra smoke was called for.  Saturday was the long scheduled leg wax, and then two hours later, a haircut at the same place. Though the assholes started off with a forced wallet "forget"; so I had to make an extra trip to retrieve it. This after plugging the meter, and lo, if that particular stall wasn't occupied when I got back 15 minutes later. Well done assholes; fuck the victim, and fuck the victim again immediately following. Merely riling the victim isn't sufficient; it has always been one of their longstanding stunts to then get the victim again after riling him up. Sometimes for four or five successive iterations. I suppose the extra busy vehicle traffic could count as one more jab at the victim while on the wallet retrieval run.

And just what is it about planting people outside my vehicle while it was parked downtown  today? With six exits or returns from/to my parked vehicle along the same stretch of a short block, (per above) why would Fuckwits be posted there each time? Not the same ones, but the same method of having them stand in the middle of the sidewalk, making themselves out to be oblivious to blocking egress.

08-19-2018
A cleaning day, and trying out my "new" vacuum cleaner. More powerful, and the rotary carpet cleaning head can be turned off while using the hose, unlike the last one. I even got serious, and mopped the linoleum. A purging of vineyard work if you will, as my clothes and boots were also dusty. And as part of that, I cleaned my gummed up Felco secateurs (hand pruners), and put on a new blade. Doubtless a big moment, and one to come, as the perps go silly over new cutting blades, and anything I cut with them, which includes knives, scissors, razor blades etc. And true to form, just when I figured was finishing the job, why, something else comes up and/or goes wrong and it takes another half hour. I have never, ever, known a task to complete early, as the assholes always have something screw up as I am closing in on completion.

Enough for this first week of construction, as disrupted as it has been, and to get this posted.

No comments: