Sunday, September 29, 2019

Password Exclusion Loop

09-29-2019
And what new deranged email access blocking stupidity has Yahoo come up with? I am to verify that I am who I am; everything is OK, I got my password right, then had to verify my alternate email which I never use, the one that Google foisted on me. And lo, Yahoo claims I was sent a verification code and I never got it. (I tried many times). Like WTF; I am blocked from my Yahoo email because of some bone-headed stunt over a "verification code" that I never received because of an association with an email address that Yahoo wishes to make for this same email address that I never wanted in the first place. Even Kafka never concieved of something so bizarre.

Well done Yahoo; only MS and Google do stupider techo-tautologies than you, but you are joining their rank. How about you send me this all important verification code to my cell phone text instead, something that I do use? Or, how about testing this inanity first, or perhaps that is the point; how to piss off your customer base.

Sunday, and supposedly a day of rest, but I had a lot to do. My L thumb is bothering me with some pain, and certainly reduced function. This has come on in the last three weeks after some prior months of sensation, but nothing bothersome. And if that weren't enough, I have an all-body pain, as if someone were walking up and down my back in the night. My rib muscles are sore and I have at least 20% reduced flexibility. And instead of one imposed ailment following another, why, they are now beginning to lap them. That is, before one is done, the next is coming on. Go fuck yourselves.

Anyhow, by dint of huge fluke, I got into the walk-in clinic yesterday with no waiting. Normally a two hour wait on Saturdays, and one had best be there at the crack of 0900h, opening time, as there are already some 8 to 10 others at the door. But "for some reason", no one was in the waiting room. Good thing too, as I forgot to bring a book. Anyhow, the doctor treated my forehead lesion, in the area that had skin surgery in 02-2019, with cold nitrogen, so we shall see how that goes. I also asked him about my L hand pain, and he ordered an Xray for it. It was news to me that an Xray could see arthritis, but he said it can, and so I will.

That is, whenever I can get to the medical imaging department as I am working 10.5 hour days, and then travel another hour back from the job site. I am digging holes at the foundations for a house that needs its carport leveled. Another one of those situations where the builders just don't do a good job of foundation preparation, and once they have scooted, the Home Owners Warranty fund gets stiffed. In the case of this house, it was lifted under the Warranty, but the garage has dropped after the warranty ran out. We got a real weekend this time, because the forecast was for rain all weekend, and it would of turned our diggings into a mudbath.

Which meant that got onto all manner of errands and chores these two days past, as getting spare time when other businesses are open is going to be a rarity. Hair cut, leg wax, ditch the recycling at the depot, dump the unneeded stuff at Value Village and otherwise pour it on. At some point yesterday afternoon I got sacked with a motivational lapse, and then  putzed around online. Today, I got my landlord's weeding done, and even waxed and cleaned the inside of my vehicle. I like to wax my vehicle twice a year, but with this dreary and wet September, when one ordinarily can get a tan, I was pondering that I may get shut out. That would be in accordance with the Psychopathic imperative that no good habit goes unsabotaged. And with a forecast for rain for half the day, I thought I was about to be shafted. But somehow, it held off all day, and I got the job done. And even had the motivation to clean the inside for all the dust and accumulated debris. Not only that, I got to clean the wheels for the first time. Normally they sack me with demotivation after the vehicle body is waxed, and have me clean the interior weeks later. But to my surprise I got all this done, the second time ever in seven years (14 wax applications) of car ownership during this 17 year long (and continuing) Fuckover.

And what has the world come to when the Grey Lady, The New York Times, keeps a blatantly racist reporter on the editorial board, only recently demoted to a subsidary. An Asian woman by the name of Sarah Jeong dumps on whites, and this is OK by the NYT editorial board. That she is Harvard educated lawyer adds that extra bit of high perversity to a rag that is sadly in need of a credibility fix. (The NYT has been long seen by TI's a protector of the Psychopaths, not interested in objectivity by any means.) Change the race, skin color and lo, we have something that would not of been permitted even 50 years ago. I suppose this might be the straw that broke the camel's back for some, but the NYT needs to get a grip on reality and exercise editorial leadership instead of pandering to the latest (or requested) hate mongering fashion. Disgraceful in the least; and possibly a stunt that will save a lot of trees when the presses stop.

A short post this week as I have been so tired from my long working days, which are likely to continue for two more months.

No comments: