Sunday, October 28, 2018

Constrution Site Adversity Confluence

10-16-2018
The construction site where I am currently gigging has its moments, perhaps follies. Being a major hospital expansion, it has particular requirements, one being that dust control during construction is maintained. But gee, how about the general contractor exhibit some coordination of trades to make sure they aren't getting in each other's way.

For example, we had a trailer load of mill work arrive, and just then, they decided there was no access to the building. The two stairwells were blocked, as was the usual route, the first floor parkade due to surfacing. But as there was no place to go, we had special permission. But that didn't stop the surfacing outfit from passing by and spraying us with sharp stones, the kind that are embedded in a surface coating. Then some 30 fridges came to cross us up and get in our way of loading the pallet contents.

And as mentioned many times in this blog, the perps have a rabid obsession with shipping pallets, especially when I am around them, on them, handling them etc. This time was no exception as flushes of dudes from other trades kept coursing past as my co-worker (read on) and I were moving the pallet contents around. Then if being in the middle of these dudes walking past wasn't enough, why, the jabbering E. Indians were there where we dropped the pallet contents off. This latter ethnic group, also highly Unfavored, never seems to let up at key perp moments.

10-18-2018
I went to see the Good Doctor in Kelowna today, and she wasn't on top of her game, and she looked puffy, like she was on an antidepressant. She wasn't wearing her wedding ring for the third time in the past three visits, though in the first 2015 visit she told me a little about her husband who is a doctor... As to whether all this is for sure I don't know, but I will take it at face value for now, especially as I haven't seen her since 02-2018. I have been through past one time stunts that were later shown to be such, but given that this is a third time event, I am willing to grant the benefit of doubt. There is something about the perp's agenda that they like to generate false empathy, though I am not sure in this case.

Said doctor forgot to order an iron study, as opposed to just ferritin, which is iron storage and can be artificially boosted by inflammation. She should of known this, as this has been the case in the last two years, and she twice prescribed an iron IV, administered by her, which was helpful. And she forgot that I don't absorb ingested iron very well, something she through her native perceptual diligence had determined back in 2016. She didn't seem to up on the prostate radiotherapy treatments I had last year; and it was her advice I largely followed rather than the local urologist Fuckwit who would of yanked out my prostate without an blink of an eye. (And the same urologist who somehow "failed" to tell me about the radiotherapy option (at a well run public radiotherapy clinic), a disgraceful lapse of professional advice which I won't ever forget. My landlord has also had similar "difficulties" with this same urologist as he related this past summer).

It also seemed that my patient history wasn't fully known to her, when I figured it should be, as she had all the data, and by my expectation, should of recalled much of our past interactions. (I take my own recollection abilities to be the low setting on the proverbial bar). I have next to no insight on the clinical professional's world, and how much they might recall about any given patient, it is just seems mighty peculiar that she, of considerable clinical analytical capabilities had such recall lapses. It was she who introduced me to testosterone injections, on account of her incisive reading of the data that indicated that I was not taking the rub-on kind in. Somehow, she had forgotten this too. Perhaps this was another episode of clinical forgetfulness on her part that the perps deemed I needed to be exposed to. If this was the case they succeeded. Or perhaps this is part of a long term perp arrangement as they like to arrange competency dependence, and then have the competent member slowly slip into a state of circumspection by the other party (me). If this is the case, just leave her alone as she is the best doctor I have ever known. Or perhaps, this is whole fucking skit, again, another perp agenda item for whatever reason.

The Good Doctor did exhibit some recall that I though she wouldn't. Not a wholly strange visit, but a little perturbing that she somehow had such lapses of recall when it seemed she had considerable abilities. Anyhow, I have a phone call appointment next week and I can hopefully get this iron deficiency on track again, for the third year in succession. (BTW, iron deficiency is common among ADD patients).

10-19-2018
A Friday on the construction site, and my co-worker  was being passive aggressive again. As in acting weird, but not saying anything. I couldn't quite figure it out, as I texted the boss about a mistake we made, and was wondering if we should proceed to fix it, or leave it as it made perfect sense to do so as we normally go all the way around with our chair rail installation. I though he was annoyed that I revealed that we made a mistake to the boss, as he might be a very contained personality who is disinclined to not reveal such. Hard to read this guy.

But for someone who picks up the needed tool just before I do, some 20x per day for over two weeks now (some kind of control deal going on it seems), and has these inexplicable unexpressed pissy moments, and rarely offers any conversation, he is becoming a pain.

10-24-2018
My Russian born co-worker went on another petulant hissy fit again; I called him on his bullshit and he didn't like it. He didn't like that I texted the boss about an anomalous situation, where an electrical box was crossing the chair rail we were installing. (In fact, he wasn't keeping to the specification he told me about yesterday). This time he aired his grievance, such as he perceived it, and I am still trying to figure out where his is coming from. He was extolling his past residential construction experience and how the electrical box could be easily moved. Like WTF; this is a hospital construction project, and we are mill work installation laborers. We don't touch other trades' stuff, -end of tune. So what was his grievance then? Likely some kind of internalized notion that he is "in charge" (of me), and I violated this by going to the responsible person (our foreman) by way of sending a text about the electrical box anomaly. Besides, my co-worker's notion about the electrical box was to leave it there and cross the chair rail over the plate and then cut the plate around the box. Fucking absurd, and I don't do absurd unless someone is standing over me telling me to do it.

As part of this confrontation, he tells me to "trust me, as I have lots of construction experience". If EVER there was a call sign to wholesale aversion, it is someone telling me to "trust me". As in run the other way, though to be fair, he is only 28 and was only immersed in Western culture at age 16 or so, all while learning English.

Later he tells me the drill bits weren't working, and I then ask him which ones he used, and he used the wrong ones. As part of this disagreement that finally got aired, but not resolved, I get this "trust me" jive from him as well, from someone who comes up with numerous diversionary ideas that don't pan out. No wonder Russia is so fucked up if this is the prevailing mentality.

10-25-2018
By way of curious coincidence, my regular co-worker of the last month, the aforementioned Russian one who pulled a full-on petulant passive-aggressive hissy fit over fuck-all yesterday, (per above, and now I have had 24 hours to evaluate his performance, I am sticking to my same perspective, as in, "what was that about?"), was re-assigned to work with the cabinet installers on the scaffolding. So..., apart from some job hand-over dialog, I didn't get to talk to him much, though I saw him many times owing to my other duties in the same vicinity. He seemed friendly even, and the boss man didn't say anything anyhow.

There was the cut room to clean up, the vacuum cleaners to empty, their filters too, there were cabinets to re-locate, then another panic came on, as other pallets of mill-work had to be suddenly moved, re-cut on a different floor, and then re-distributed to their appropriate floors. Then the only elevator was shut down, due to testing apparently, and I was stiffed with re-distributing this heavy MDF material to six floors by packing it up the stair wells. And lo, if "somehow" I "forgot" to re-load my water bottle this morning and I was utterly parched by day's end. Then onto the local store to get some water on the way home, and I slugged down a 500ml of coconut water while driving. Another water intake test again, as in, where I get my drinking water from.

10-26-2018
I was working on my own doing chair rail installation in a room with little traffic, and lo, if the E Indian cleaners didn't arrive some 15 minutes before I finished up. Then some other things went wrong, and I was kept in the room longer with these jabbering Punjabis again. Utter torture.

More work hauling pallets and flushes of Fuckwits around me again, as well as garbage disposal duties, another perp obsession.

There was another ludicrous imposition by the general contractor again, as they wanted the scaffolding down, which had only been up one day. This was to enable my mill work installation colleagues to install panels in this atrium, as there was no other way to do it as a scissor lift wasn't feasible. The scaffolding went up late Wednesday, and my co-workers were on the job all day Thursday. First thing on Friday morning, the general contractor wanted the scaffolding down when the atrium panel job wasn't complete. The general contractor was told it would be a three day job in advance, and this was the start of day two. Like WTF; is the general contractor deranged or something? How do they expect to retain any credibility when they are constantly coming up with this bullshit.

10-27-2018
Saturday, and a leg wax, and then I went up the street to help out my fickle friend. He is purchasing some used furniture and needed help to move it into his vehicle. His vehicle is a 2008 Ford Escape, and mine "happens" to be a 2001 Ford Escape. Anyhow, it ended up being a half day event to Kelowna, and he treated me to a nice lunch at a trendy charcuterie resturant there.

Then back to his place of employment where he was to borrow the pickup truck, but his boss man had taken it elsewhere. So we did some wine tasting of the active ferments, the Kerner and the Muscat Ottonel.

10-28-2018
More moving of furniture (something I do at work a lot, or cabinetry to be accurate), with my fickle friend this morning. A couch and chair, which represented a whole lot of challenges to get out of a basement suite with a tight turn at the entrance door.

Then an afternoon at work, which became protracted as a tractor trailer load of cabinetry was delay for two hours. And it was the "usual" problem as these pallets are 8' long and the pallet jack cannot lift the heavy loads, and the wheel rises up ioff the ground. There were two other general laborer guys who helped out, and lo, if the truck driver was an E. Indian and he helped out too. I worked in the trailer to free up the loads screwed to the floor and forward them to the guys on the ground who where hand packing them into the adjacent parkade.Anyhow, working some five hours directly with the boss man never hurts.

After some two weeks of banter, I had better get this posted.

No comments: